Join the Canal Region Owners Roundtable
Complete the application by clicking on the link below and return it to
Marie Oliva, Chamber President &CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Current members of the Cape Cod Canal
Region Chamaber's Owners Roundtable
It’s lonely at the top! Are you looking for an opportunity to connect with other Owners in the Canal Region area, and talk about business issues? Are you craving a small network of peers that you can turn to for on-going, confidential advice on increasing profitability, succession planning, leadership, employee management, marketing, and the many other issues that you deal with on a daily basis?
"CEOs say it's tough to get advice they can trust. ...executives are increasingly banding together to form informal peer groups." -- Wall Street Journal
The goal of the Cape Cod Canal Owners Roundtable is to facilitate valuable, confidential, peer-to-peer advice and networking among local Owners that will help them grow their businesses. This program was developed in partnership by the Cape Cod Canal Chamber of Commerce and The Alternative Board who will also serve as resources for the Owners to attain the information and resources that they need.
“One of the major benefits (of a peer advisory board) is a cross-fertilization of ideas from people who are not in your field.” -- Entrepreneur Magazine
How it works?
Canal Region Owners Roundtable is modeled on similar CEO peer-to-peer groups operating successfully throughout the country, but customized for small businesses in our region. The group will be limited to 8-12 Owners, CEOs, presidents or primary decision makers from non-competing companies. Members of the roundtable will meet monthly for one year in a confidential setting to seek and provide business advice, and help each other improve the quality of their business decisions. The meeting content is controlled by the participants. Participating Owners decide on the agenda for the meetings, structure, the location and time of the monthly meetings. No competitors are permitted within the group; the first participant in any vertical industry effectively locks out any other owner in the same industry. A professional facilitator will help keep the meetings on track, assist in guiding the discussions and finding outside speakers when the group wants to bring in outside experts for advice on an issue. The Owners Roundtable program is not intended to provide sales leads.
Participating Owners should:
- Lead companies with minimum sales revenues of approximately $350,000, up to $5,000,000.
- Lead companies located within the Canal and Upper Cape regions employing a minimum of three (3) employees.
- Come from established companies, with a minimum of two years of operation.
- Commit to monthly attendance at the Owner Roundtable meetings.
- Agree to be honest and accountable to the group.
The process of being accepted into the Owners roundtable will be selective (only those that can truly benefit will be eligible for membership.) The annual cost is $795 for active Chamber members. All participants will receive a no-charge, behavioral assessment from TAB that will be used to understand their behavioral style and how to use it to communicate better with their employees.
Why meet with other Owners
The benefits of belonging to the Canal Region Owners Roundtable include:
- Exposure to a group of like-thinking Owners who will grow to become trusted advisors, friends and teachers, an alternative form of executive development via frank, honest advice about best practices;
- Access to information on a variety of topics integral to managing your company from experts and thought leaders;
- Confidential insight and outside perspective on your management decisions and decision making;
- Opportunity to improve the profitability of your operations